SCM

Forum: help

Monitor Forum | Start New Thread Start New Thread
FRic - problems with spatial scale [ Reply ]
By: Irena Simova on 2011-05-25 02:09
[forum:4483]
Hi,
I try to calculate functional richness for tree communities differing in their size (sensu area). I am using three traits and I do not have information about abundances. I am using Cailliez correction method. All other measures of functional richness behave quite consistently (FEve, FDiv, FDis etc.) however I have problems with FRic. On smalest spatial scale (one vegetation plot), the results are quite expectable, FRic varies between 0.01 and 1.4 and continuously increases with climate and number of species. However when using larger spatial scale (species pool data), values for FRic starts to be highly variable (0.004 to 24 and then values jump to 160 and more) and not very continuous, even if FEve is close to 1. However on largest spatial scale, values become again more continous, ranging from 0.0008 to 0.14. I don't understand, why the results vary so much since I am using species from the same species pool, only the area differ. Is it because FRic is applicable only for small communities (standard vegetation sample)?
Thanks a lot for any suggestion,
best,
Irena

Thanks to:
Vienna University of Economics and Business Powered By FusionForge