SCM

Forum: support

Monitor Forum | Start New Thread Start New Thread
RE: Fill in multiple blanks - ZIP with multiple blank question fro BB-Ultra [ Reply ]
By: Walter Gruber on 2024-05-20 09:05
[forum:49924]
Dear Achim,

I just wondered if you had a chance to check up on the multiple blank issue in BB-Ultra? We are heading towards exam-time and I'd love to use such questions for our dynamic excercises. Thanks a lot for your efforts.

Best regards

Walter

Multiple blank question for BB-Ultra [ Reply ]
By: Walter Gruber on 2024-05-20 09:04
[forum:49923]
Dear Achim,

I just wondered if you had a chance to check up on the multiple blank issue in BB-Ultra? We are heading towards exam-time and I'd love to use such questions for our dynamic excercises. Thanks a lot for your efforts.

Best regards

Walter

RE: Fill in multiple blanks - ZIP with multiple blank question fro BB-Ultra [ Reply ]
By: Walter Gruber on 2024-05-06 15:43
[forum:49904]
Dear Achim,

No worries and no hurry! We've found a work around, even though it would be great to eventually find a solution - I believe that many other users of exams and BB would benefit a lot!

Best regards

Walter

By: Achim Zeileis on 2024-05-04 09:23
[forum:49902]
Apologies, Walter, I was sick last week and now have to catch up with more urgent tasks first. I will need some more time to follow up here.

By: Walter Gruber on 2024-04-29 06:35
[forum:49889]
Dear Achim,

I just wondered if you had a chance to have a look at the multiple blank questions exported from Blackboard (attached in last message)? Many thanks for your efforts,

Walter

By: Walter Gruber on 2024-04-21 15:40
[forum:49870]

AchimZeileis.zip (3) downloads
Dear Achim,

Gabriele gave me a tip on how to extract a multiple blank question created in BB-Ultra. One has to export the whole course and extract the question of interest. Well, I tried it and hope that I have found the correct files (attached to this post). I have also added a screenshot of the question as it looks like in BB.

Beste regards,

Walter

RE: Fill in multiple blanks [ Reply ]
By: Walter Gruber on 2024-04-21 15:13
[forum:49869]
Hi Gabriele,

Thank you very much for the tip - that's very helpful and I'll give it a try straight away. I'll keep you posted, I'm curious to see whether the option of cloze tasks can ultimately be implemented in Blackboard:-).

Best regards

Walter

By: Gabriele Cantaluppi on 2024-04-20 18:04
[forum:49867]
Hi Walter,

Bb now allows to download the whole course only, select ("Export Course Package").

You can then grep among files in the zip file to find the element(s) you need.

Please, support our query to improve Bb Ultra. More info on this forum, at: https://r-forge.r-project.org/forum/message.php?msg_id=49770

Best regards,

Gabriele

By: Achim Zeileis on 2024-04-20 15:32
[forum:49865]
Walter, thanks for looking into this.

Now that you mention this, I think that I heard about this problem in another thread already. But maybe your IT team knows of a workaround...

Thanks & best wishes, Achim

By: Walter Gruber on 2024-04-20 07:38
[forum:49863]
Dear Achim,

Many thanks for the quick reply. I have generarted a question in Ultra, but now I face the problem, that the export of a ZIP-File in QTI format is no longer available:-(.

I've contacted our support to either tell me how it's done, or confirm, that this feature is no longer available in BB-Ultra! I will get in touch as soon as I have a reply from our ZFL-Departement.

Best regards,

Walter

By: Achim Zeileis on 2024-04-19 07:44
[forum:49861]
Walter, thanks for your interest.

In general R/exams supports such questions. They are called "cloze" and can combine multiple interactions (num, schoice, mchoice, string).

However, exams2blackboard() does not support the cloze format. I don't recall the details but I'm fairly sure that Bb Learn did not support any questions with multiple interactions. Or at least these could not be imported through their QTI-based format.

But given your post here, I guess that Bb Ultra now has support for it. If it is not much work, you could generate such a question in Bb and export it as a .zip in QTI format and post it here. Then we can have a look. I can't promise that we will be able to do anything but maybe we are lucky and the implementation is very similar to that in exams2qti12().

Best wishes, Achim

Fill in multiple blanks [ Reply ]
By: Walter Gruber on 2024-04-19 05:44
[forum:49860]
It has been some time now since you helped me with my question about "fill in the blank questions in Blackboard". I am currently working on an extension to my question-set and would like to use "multiple blanks questions", which can be easily create in Blackboard.

Is it possible to create dynamic multiple blank questions with exams? I have not found what I am looking for and feedback from you would be very helpful. Many thanks in advance!

Thanks to:
Vienna University of Economics and Business Powered By FusionForge