SCM

Forum: support

Monitor Forum | Start New Thread Start New Thread
RE: New warning in exams2moodle [ Reply ]
By: Achim Zeileis on 2023-10-23 18:36
[forum:49780]
TL;DR Simply replace the argument cloze_mchoice_display = ... by cloze_schoice_display = ...

See ?exams2moodle for further details. Note that the arguments are described in the make_question_moodle helper function and can be set via

exams2moodle(..., cloze = list(cloze_schoice_display = "MULTICHOICE_V"))

----------

Details: The confusion between the arguments essentially boils down to the term "multiple-choice" being ambiguous. Some learning managament systems like Moodle use it to describe single-choice questions. R/exams, in contrast, uses multiple-choice to denote what Moodle calls "multiple-response" questions.

For a long time Moodle only supported single-choice questions as part of cloze questions. And accidentally we used cloze_mchoice_display to set the various "MULTICHOICE" Moodle formats for this. This was inconsistent from the R/exams-perspective but it didn't lead to too much confusion ... until Moodle finally also introduced multiple-response questions as part of clozes. Thus, we needed to disentangle the options. So now there is cloze_mchoice_display which should be used for the MULTIRESPONSE* Moodle formats for mchoice elements. And there is cloze_schoice_display which should be used for the MULTICHOICE* Moodle formats for schoice elements.

RE: New warning in exams2moodle [ Reply ]
By: Francisco Goerlich on 2023-10-23 17:34
[forum:49779]
I have checked that the display in moodle is not affected, but I still don´t understand the warning.

New warning in exams2moodle [ Reply ]
By: Francisco Goerlich on 2023-10-23 17:15
[forum:49778]
Hi,
In generating a moodle exam with exams2moodle I got this warning, thta I didn´t get previously:

In moodlequestion[[type]](exm[[i]][[j]]) :
MULTICHOICE-type display was specified in 'cloze_mchoice_display' rather than 'cloze_schoice_display'

I used the option 'cloze_mchoice_display = "MULTICHOICE_V"', and I didn´t found the option 'cloze_schoice_display'

I just wonder if this is critical.

Thanks a lot.

Thanks to:
Vienna University of Economics and Business Powered By FusionForge