SCM

Forum: help

Monitor Forum | Start New Thread Start New Thread
RE: micEconSNQP Package in R [ Reply ]
By: Arne Henningsen on 2016-01-22 06:21
[forum:42867]
I highly recommend that you learn the basics of R very well before you start with more sophisticated analyses such as using snqProfitEst().

It may be reasonable to model socio-economic variables in the same way as fixed input quantities, e.g. education can be seen as the (fixed) input of human capital.

By: dushanthi dayananda on 2016-01-22 04:52
[forum:42866]
Thank you sir. I followed your examples in the manual and got some results for my preliminary data. This is the first time I'm using R. Again thank you very much.

Sir, how can we include socio-economic variables like environmental impact into SNQP?

By: Arne Henningsen on 2016-01-21 08:39
[forum:42863]
Dear Dushanthi

Please carefully read the documentation of snqProfitEst(). This should answer all (or at least most) of your questions, e.g. that you *must* use arguments "priceNames" and "quantNames" to specify the names of the (non-normalized) prices and the quantities of the (variable) netputs (negative inputs and outputs), that you *can* use argument "fixNames" to specify the quantities of the fixed inputs, and that you do *not* need to specify the weights if you think that the default way of obtaining weights (see documentation) is suitable. If you have further questions, please provide a small reproducible example.

Best regards,
Arne

micEconSNQP Package in R [ Reply ]
By: dushanthi dayananda on 2016-01-21 08:06
[forum:42862]
Hi,

I'm Dushanthi, an undergraduate student of University of Peradeniya, Sri Lanka. I'm using R and micEconSNQP package for my final year research project. I'm doing a research about an analysis of fish supply and demand situations. The profit function approach was used to estimate output supply and input demand functions. Estimation of supply elasticities will be done using the normalized quadratic profit function.

π = normalized profit,

α, γ = parameters,

Pi* = normalized price of the ith netput (Pi / Pnum)

vi = conditioning variables (shifters), and the

ε = error terms

'outputs" of the study are production of marine fisheries. "inputs" are Labor, total no. of boats/crafts, total no. of nets produced, fuel subsidy(only available in prices), Research assistant provided by the government( in monetary values).

How can I include the variables which only have the prices into the micEconSNQP? Can I use them as Fixed Inputs?

And how can I assign a weight to normalize the prices? Do I need to include a separate row with weights in my datasheet?

Thank You.

Best Regards,
Dushanthi

Thanks to:
Vienna University of Economics and Business Powered By FusionForge